Diversified Employee Benefit Services, LLC Website Privacy Notice
Last Updated: December 30, 2019
What is the Purpose of this Document?
Diversified Employee Benefit Services, LLC (“DEBS”/”we”/“our”/“our company”) provides insurance brokerage, employee benefits, and related services to clients. DEBS is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual user of this Website, located at www.debsinsurance.com (“Site”). We have developed this Website Privacy Notice (this “Privacy Notice”) to notify you about our Website privacy practices.
All personally identifiable information collected on this Site by DEBS is considered Personal Information and will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice. By using this Site and submitting your Personal Information, you agree with and consent to the processing, transfer, usage, and storage of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Our Policies and Practices to Protect Your Personal Information
DEBS is committed to protecting the privacy of Internet users who visit this Site. DEBS’s intent always is to use and, if appropriate, to disclose your Personal Information in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, contractual obligations, and our company’s policies and procedures. We protect Personal Information we collect about you by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to meet or exceed applicable laws.
To safeguard your Personal Information, the electronic storage and transmission of Personal Information are secured with appropriate security technologies. Access to this Site’s servers is limited to employees and agents of DEBS and its subsidiaries, all of whom are required to preserve the confidentiality of Personal Information they receive while performing their jobs and conducting the business of DEBS.
Information We Collect
DEBS collects two types of information about you when you visit the Site or use our Services: Personal Information that you provide and technical, aggregate, and non-personal types of information collected by automated means.
Personal Information You Provide
This generally includes:
- First, middle, and last name
- Postal or other street address
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Location information
- Company name
- Job title
- Details about devices used to access our websites such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information
- Publicly available information
We may aggregate any personal data that we collect in connection with our Services or Site, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes, such as viewing website traffic and website user behaviors.
We may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you by telephone, fax, postal mail, or email, )
- Through your use of our Site
- From third parties such as those discussed below in Use and Disclosure of Personal Information section
- Automatically from devices you use to connect with our Site
- Through automated technologies and online tools (e.g., cookies)
- From government agencies or public records
- Insurance policy quotes, should you solicit a quote from DEBS
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
This Site may be hosted on web servers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong and/or Australia. These countries may not provide the same level of data protection as your country of residence.
DEBS will not exchange, sell for monetary value, or otherwise distribute your Personal Information without your consent, except to the extent required by law, in accordance with your instructions. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. If you do not consent, do not provide any Personal Information via this Site.
Below we provide how we use your personal information and with whom we share your personal information with.
- Use of and Disclosure to Third-Party Agents and Service Providers, Generally. We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf. For example, DEBS sometimes contracts with entities that host websites; entities that receive employment applications; and entities that send e-mail messages and/or make phone calls on our behalf. They may have access to Personal Information—such as names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers—needed to perform their functions, but they are restricted from using such Personal Information for purposes other than providing services for DEBS and are required by DEBS to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information. If you do not consent, do not provide any Personal Information via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure to Insurance Companies and Intermediaries. In the event you request a quote for issuance of an insurance policy through the Site, we may share your Personal Information, including, but not limited to, Personal Information you choose to provide with insurance companies or intermediaries for purposes of obtaining quotes on your behalf. If you do not consent, do not provide Personal Information for purposes of obtaining quotes for insurance via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure to Third Parties in Connection with Legal Matters. DEBS may preserve, and has the right to disclose without your prior permission, any information about you or your use of this Site if DEBS has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) Protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of DEBS or its affiliates, employees, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) Enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; or (c) Respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties. We may also disclose information as we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. By submitting Personal Information via this Site, you consent to the processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage of your Personal Information for any such purposes. If you do not consent, do not provide Personal Information via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure to Third Parties in Connection with Mergers and Acquisitions. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in connection with the sale or purchase of any business or assets. If you do not consent, do not provide Personal Information via this Site.
Our Site includes links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website they visit. This Privacy Notice applies solely to information collected by DEBS when you visit this Site.
Information Storage and Security
Our systems are configured to provide privacy, integrity, and authentication in Internet communications. The security measures we have taken help to ensure that when you visit our Site, your Personal Information is secure and encrypted, so that a third party cannot capture, read, or access your Personal Information while it is in transit between your computer and our system. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of information as it is transmitted to our Site. As such, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to help prevent unauthorized access.
We limit internal access to our servers and have physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards in place to guard all Personal Information that we receive from visitors to our Site. At DEBS, we adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing our jobs and conducting business.
However, it should be noted that there are some things, such as viruses and hacker attacks, which DEBS and other website operators cannot control.
Please note that the information we collect from you may be processed, transferred, and/or stored outside of your country of residence. Such location may not be deemed to have the same level of privacy protections as your country of residence; however, DEBS will take all steps reasonably necessary to help ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage outside of your country of residence.
DEBS disposes of Personal Information in a secure manner by destroying or permanently erasing electronic data, and by disposing of hard copy data via burning, pulverizing, or utilizing shredding methods designed to ensure that Personal Information cannot be read or reconstructed.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to periodically review this Site for any updates or changes. DEBS will advise users of this Site of material changes to this Privacy Notice by posting a prominent notice on the Site homepage. Your continued access or use of this Site shall be deemed your acceptance of all terms and conditions contained in this Privacy Notice.
Contact Information for Questions, Comments, and Requests
If you have any questions or concerns about data privacy and security, the handling of your personal data or wish to make a request to access your information, please contact Diversified Employee Benefit Services, LLC by mail to 2135 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, TX 78213.